It is important to realize that growing cattle do not always have the same nutritional requirements throughout their entire lives.
- Cattle should be eating 2-2.5% of their body weight per day, split up into 2 or 3 feedings.
- Grass hay should be available at all times.
- Your calves should gain 2-3# per day.
Young calves require a higher protein, lower fat ration (pelleted or textured) to get started off of grain and start developing structure and muscle. (Most receiving rations are between 12-20% Protein)
Formula of Champions feeds that fit these criteria:
If you need help selecting the right feed, contact us.
- Growing show heifers differs from growing market animals because we want to add depth and expression of rib-shape to meet industry standards.
- In heifer developing feeds, the fiber content is usually higher than it would be in a market animal grower feed.
- Heifer Developer - T5902FOC has the right combination of beet pulp, cotton seed hulls, and other fiber sources to fit your needs at this crucial time of expanding the ribcage in your heifer.
Maintenance Show Heifers
Once your heifer is 600-800 pounds, you may switch to Guts and Glory - T5905FOC, a newly developed heifer feed designed to maintain and continue building the depth and expression of body, while maintaining great condition on your show heifer.